You've got your fresh new Nike Team Kit. It looks awesome. Now you need to make sure you take care of it so it stays looking good. Just follow these simple steps as recommended by Nike, and we'll help you do it.
CARE INSTRUCTIONS FOR YOUR NIKE TEAM SPORTS APPAREL PRODUCT
Nike Dri-FIT is a unique material designed to wick excess moisture from the body, but improper care can inhibit performance. Check the instructions for how to wash Nike Dri-FIT on the product tag located inside the garment.
In general, follow these tips for Dri-FIT care:
- Machine wash inside-out in cold water with like coloUrs.
- Use powdered detergent instead of liquid detergent.
- For Dri-FIT clothing, tumble dry on low heat or air/hang dry. For hats and gloves, air dry and don't wring excess water from the garment.
- Do not use bleach.
- Do no use dryer sheets or fabric softener (if you inadvertently use a dryer sheet or fabric softener, simply rewash the garment with detergent).
- Do not dry clean.
If you need to iron your Dri-FIT, use the cool setting to avoid damaging any logos or designs.
WITH STAINS, TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE
Care for your Nike Jerseys promptly. The sooner you pre-treat and launder (put in the washing machine) the stained clothes, the better your results will be. Don't allow mud or stains to set.
Do not leave wet or dirty Jerseys in your Football or Gym Bags, where smells and permanent stains can develop.
If a stain is not removed in the washing:
- Do not dry it. Dryer heat will set the stain (you don't want that).
- Soak the stain in a pre-wash. In the case of sever staining it may be necessary to apply a stain remover directly to the affected area. Then launder again.
- Make sure you do not dry garment until the stain is removed, because the dryer heat will set the stain in.
Once the stain is fully removed, you can go head and launder your Nike Team Kit as you would normally do (we recommend a cooler wash, hang dry).
Pre-treat heavily soiled spots. Apply undiluted laundry detergent (washing powder or liquid), with a bleach alternative (don't use actual bleach!)
Pre-soak heavy stains. Soak the stained items in a plastic bucket or laundry tub with the warmest water safe for the fabric, and a good laundry detergent, for one to three hours. For sensitive stains and fabrics, rinse in cold water first, and then wash with a non-chlorine bleach product.
Pre-wash: Used for heavily soiled garments. Run through the pre-wash cycle with the recommended amount of detergent. When the wash cycle is complete, drain the pre-wash solution and launder as normal.
Nike use a variety of different fabrics, and each one needs its own love and care, so to make sure, please also check the washing instructions on the label of the garments themselves.